Monday, July 27, 2009

Farewell...

Tonight was our last Spirituality Night... and to many people's surprise, I was incredibly sad. I started this year, by making fun of these silly nights and requirements that JVC had us do. Why spend a random hour on a Monday night, sitting around with my roommates in my living room, with candles lit, being "spiritual"!?

My love for Spirituality Night and all the other dumb things JVC had me do this year is just one way of measuring the changes I've undergone this year.

My community... our ability to mesh together and love one another, despite all of the odds placed against us, which erica from Phoenix apparently enjoyed reminding one of us at every retreat, is something I'll take with me forever. Yes, our house IS different. We are all "so different"... and you know what? I freakinnnn love it.
All of us, with our distinct personalities, synched together like peanut butter & jelly... or like salmon & mayonnaise, if you will.


So this last post-- i thought it was only fitting that I close this with a shout out of admiration to the wonderful 6 people I have shared this year with. They're an inspiration- each one driven to affect social change in some shape or way... I'm so lucky I got placed in this Apartamento, this tiny-ass apartamento which has absolutely zero personal space, and which we all rant about at some point every week, this apartamento that I will miss dearly and love, because of all of the wonderful transforming that took place inside these walls...

Apartamento MLK... let's go out and spread what we've learned (like agenda meetings and small stipends...)

Goodbye JVC, HELLO law school.... it's time to get started with changing this world. To my readers- peace and love. I'm officially closing this blog; I won't have any more time to blog given that I'll be holed up in a library studying all the time... but I leave you with one last quote...

"Go and Set The World Aflame..."- St. Iggy of Loyola







No comments: